Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sophie

Three things about Sophie...

We had a Young Women's activity where we painted pottery and then they fire it for you. We needed a tenth person in order to get a discount, so I brought along Sophie. This kind of thing was right up her alley. I only wish I could so things like this for her more often.

Also I mentioned that Sophie was entering a photo contest. Well... SHE WON! She received a $10 gift card to a local bookstore for her three photos.





She also entered a contest for a coloring book put together by a drug and alcohol prevention group. Her drawing was chosen to be included in the coloring book! She received a t-shirt for that prize, but we haven't picked it up yet.

All in all this has been a real confidence booster for Sophie. I am very proud of her for her efforts! She is a great kid...I love her so much!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I LOVE those photos she took. Especially the first one. I wonder if she would mind if I printed that first one up and hung it on my wall?? Like mother like daughter.
And I've always wanted to go to a place like that and make a serving platter with our names on it, or little cartoon pics of us three or something .. . . I think it would be sentimental.

Mama Ash Grove said...

How wonderful! Congratulations, Sophie!!!

Karyn said...

Way to go Sophie! The photos were very pretty. I was impressed! Lily loves to take pictures too. we haven't entered any into a contest though. I always wish that I could do more for my children too. I am doing more than I ever had though, so that's good enough for me.

Abby said...

oh sophie! how absolutely wonderful! I LOVE the photos and it makes me SO happy that she one that contest and the coloring book contest. good job sophie!
that must have been fun for her to paint that pottery - i want to see it when its done!

Erica said...

Yeah Sophie!! Such talent at such a young age!

Mummy. said...

Wow. Is our Sophie famous now? Waht a great job with her photos and the drawing contest! I am so excited!