Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Hold Onto Your Seats

I have not technically been negligent about my blog...it is just that my USB cord is semi-broken. It will still download pictures to the computer, but only if I hold it tightly in just the right position. This of course is tricky so it usually takes multiple attempts. It all takes a long time and is a little painful on the fingers. Anyway...so here come a lot of pictures/posts!

I'll start with nature shots.

My sweet sister April gave me some violets and they bloomed the day after I transplanted them. I think they will be pretty hardy.

Forsythia got me through many tough days in the Missionary Training Center. They have always been a bright ray of hope ever since. Aaron gave this to me last year (I can't remember...birthday maybe???) I am happy to report that it transplanted successfully and bloomed this year. YAY!!!!

A random weed that I kill on a regular basis, but have come to appreciate since taking time to examine it up close.

Another weed, that I have always loved because they are bright and sunny, but after I took the photo I realized that they have amazing delicate little curly-q's that I had never noticed. You may need to enlarge the photo in order to see them.

Baby maple seeds. I never realized they were so red when they were just sprouting.




Lovely, delicate, ladylike fiddlehead ferns. I especially loved the ones that were growing in a circle.


5 comments:

Mary said...

You have such a great eye for those nature shots! I like the fern circle and the two little ferns "bowing" to one another.

Abby said...

beautiful lauren!

peachon said...

Grandpa says this are not fiddleheads, we call them hogbrakes.
Fiddleheads are not fuzzy. They are green with coilup with a brown onion skin.
Hogbreakes are not edible.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!
Oh yes, grampa is probably right, I seam to remember the brown onion skin. I don't want to eat fuzzy things.

sabofamily said...

beautiful photos!