Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sophie' Birthday

I can't believe that my first child is now six years old!!! She is growing more and more beautiful each day, inside and out. Sophie's party was a little more mellow than Ben's because eventually she is going to have one with some of her school friends.

After Sophie saw Ben's monster truck cake I knew she would want a fancy cake. The first thing she asked for was a little mermaid cake. I told her I didn't know how to do that. I was waiting for her to say, princess cake or something intricate, but she very excitedly asked for a flip flop cake and that is what she got.

It was a strawberry cake made with real strawberries. It also had a box of jello in in. When I have more time I would like to tweak the recipe so that it is just real strawberries. The frosting was pink entirely from strawberries.

The interesting thing is that Aaron said it was the best cake he had ever had, even better than chocolate with peanut butter frosting!!!

Here it is!!!


Blowing out the candle (which fell and burnt the hair off my pinkie finger.)


Ben and Sophie playing in their new sleeping bags.

Here is the story. We went cheap on sleeping bags for the kids birthday. We tried LLBean, but they didn't have any in our price range.

The bags came in plenty of time, but when Ben opened his, I wasn't really impressed with the quality. I figured it was ok, but within 12 hours, 8 of which were spent sleeping, there where 2 little tears. I was rolling it up when I noticed the stitching coming undone, so we packed them both up and sent them back.

In the meantime a navy blue and a thistle sleeping bag went on sale at LLBean. In the end, these top quality bags cost less than the cheapy ones we had originally purchased.

Also I ordered them Wednesday afternoon and they got here Friday, just in time for Sophie to open hers before we had to leave for graduation. I love LLBean!!! Oh and that was with a extra day added on for the monogramming!

2 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Sophie is 6 years old! I remember when Ella turned 6, I felt she was just so old.
Ella had meant to call Sophie on her birthday, and it slipped our minds. We do love our Sophie though, and wish her a happy, happy birthday!

Unknown said...

that reminds me that keith and i need to get sleeping bags! pretty colors, and what perfect luck!