Search This Blog

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Crab Apple Tree

Our crab apple tree has never flowered since we have been here, but this spring we cleaned some vines off of it that must have been choking out because it is blooming now! I can't tell you the joy I feel when I look out the window and see that gorgeous tree, or when I walk by it and smell that delicate perfume. It makes me think of a song... Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky... Well, I guess it doesn't come off so well in print.


You can see the offending vines on the fence. We like the vines because the cover the ugly fence. We will just have to keep on them to save the tree.

3 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh, it's just beautiful. We've got crab apple trees in our woods and I love to cut boughs and bring them in in a vase.

Unknown said...

Thatis so funny, because the minute you said, "it reminds me of a song" I thought of that song exactly. AND whats more, is just yesterday I was singing that song over and over. That is funny. Apple blossoms are so beautiful. They are hard to beat.

Jennifer Bundy said...

We have two small apple trees in our front yard, and we love to watch them. We have to keep a close eye on them, because just when they are ready to be picked, the moose seem to know that and come and eat them!
We don't have enough to make much of anything, but we do go and collect crabapples from others that don't use them and I love to make crabapple butter and applesauce! Yum!