Search This Blog

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Mandala

One of Ben's new favorite things to do is to this Magnetic Mandala my sister gave the kids for Christmas.

It comes with a little pattern book that states that the mandala, "provides hours of fun and relaxation." I am not sure what they are talking about because first of all there is a grid on the board and the pieces almost never line up exactly which really irritates me. Then just when I get it perfect someone will bump it so we have to start all over again. Ben really wants to make the pattern in the book, but doesn't want follow the directions to actually accomplish that.

I really don't understand what the booklet means by, "the harmony of the Mandala, symbols of the earth, the universe and life, is transmitted to the child, who is often affected by the tension of adults..."

Here is our free form result.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

One for all! That was my first thought on my mind when I saw Spohie playing. She is so big and grown-up looking. The flowers are beautiful and totally sympathize with the designs. It is so frustrating to me when those situations come up. directions take too much time I guess.

Unknown said...

Wow, it sounds like that little toy is actually a spiritual path of life! Who would have thought that such a simple activity could bring such peace and tranquility, not to mention communion with the earth. You should Start a new religion. Call customer service and see what they think about that idea.