Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Blueberries, Blueberries, Blueberries

We are so lucky to live just down the hill from Brown's Beautiful Blueberries.  Gorgeous, huge, tasty blueberries for only $2.00/lb.  I went picking so many times as it was a perfect blueberry year.  Brown's said that they have never had such a great year.  The bushes were so loaded that they offered a discount if you agreed to help with mulching in the fall.  Then just before Hurricane Irene the bushes were still loaded and in an effort to save the berries, they dropped the price to $1.00/lb so we picked some more.  In the end we picked 100 lbs of berries.  Good thing Jacob can eat a gallon bag of them in about a day and a half.
I relinquished control of the camera to the kids so we get some different perspectives, like Aaron and I...together...sort of.
Definitely a new perspective.  V8 anyone?
I had tried to give Noah blueberries before this and he would not eat them.  I offered him one at the blueberry hill and he still rejected it.  Then I plopped him on the ground and he discovered how cool it was that there were tiny blue balls growing on the bushes and they were so fun to pull off. Eventually he ate one and then, whoa, open the floodgates.  I am pretty sure that financially we got the better end of the deal
Another perspective.  Worms are important too!
More, More, More said the baby!
Ben got very frustrated each time we picked because for some reason his pail would just not fill up.
Jacob had a similar problem but eventually he actually had six or ten in his pail.
Sophie picked so much more than she has in the past.  She was a super helper with picking and keeping an eye on Violet Beauregarde, I mean Noah.
Oops did I add too many of Noah?  He was just too cute.  I couldn't help myself.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I love all the photos of Noah. He is so pudgy and so deliciously cute. I can hardly stand it!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Lauren. I seriously want to eat up that Noah!!!
Your whole family is so beautiful- shining and happy, I miss you guys!
I would so love to go blueberry picking with you at that place next summer, can we plan to do that??