Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

Date with my Boy

I think I am ready to not go a month at a time.  I was looking at August's pictures and way too many u things happened to put them all in one post.  So I think this means I am back on track mostly with my blog!!!


On August 2nd Ben had an eye appointment in Williston so we turned it into a Mommy Son date and went to Smuggler's Notch on the way home. 

As for the eye appointment, he doesn't have to patch anymore.  His eyesight went from 20/200 to 20/40 and has held there for the last several appointments.  He has to wear his glasses during school and as much as possible at home.  He will probably have to wear glasses until 3rd grade and then we reassess at that point.  Now for the Notch.

Ben was so excited.  He put on hiking boots, brought a backpack and "special" hiking gloves.
At the bottom ready to go

Checking out a cave

LOVE!

Oh yeah I had Noah on my back.  Let me just say that I deserve some sort of medal because I went everywhere Ben went.  If he climbed a rock face to get in a cave, I climbed a rock face to get in the cave.  That said, the random strangers who had to help me down the rock face to get out of the cave also deserve medals.

Look how small he looks up on those rocks!
Ben was fearless.  He ran up the slope, ran back down to get me, ran back up the slope again.  If there was a rock he jumped up onto it and back down the other side.  My heart got exercise in more than one way
When we got to the point where the incline was too steep for me Ben gathered some special rocks and carried them down in his backpack.  When he got to the bottom he said, "Mommy I can't do this anymore." So I took the backpack and the thing weighed at least 10 lbs, at least.  We had a great time.  He is such a sweet boy and I am so glad he is part of our family.

5 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Ben with Noah peeking around your back! That could not have come out any better!

Mitch n' Molly said...

LOVE that you have Noah with you too! what a MOM you are! Ben must have felt soooo special!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Lauren, what a wonderful time! I feel it is so important to make this time, this one on one time! (well, sometimes one on one+baby).
Beautiful photos!!!

Jessica Dunham said...

Wow! I have to say I miss Smugglers Notch. There isn't anything like it out here. But it's beautiful out here too.. :)

Abby said...

How sweet you two did that together! That boy is so wonderful~