Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Look At Us Go!!!

Wow!  Look at this.  We are already at June!  June was a very momentous month.  Here's the proof!
Our bantam chickens arrived.  If you think a chick is cute, wait until you see a bantam chick.

Noah charmed people the world over (literally) being so adorable on the airplane to Utah.


Noah, Martha and I enjoyed some hiking in Utah.  It had been very moist there and this roaring stream behind me is usually a trickle,

What caption can one write to adequately describe a best friend?  She is amazing and I am so glad to have been able to spend time with her and her beautiful family.


We could have kept hiking but we didn't bring enough water.  Noah was quite the trooper!  Oh and I couldn't take a picture of it, but this is the hike where we saw a rattlesnake!  It was a very scary experience and I learned a lot and lived to tell the tale.

Awesome man Dan with Charlie and Noah
Cousin play.  What is funny about this picture is that we brought stale bread to the park to feed the birds but apparently it was a hot ticket for the kids too.

I had a FAR too brief gathering with the amazing Gile girls.  I did not give them the time they deserved.  It is so hard to fit in everything you want to do in a week.

While in Utah I ran my first 5k.  It was awesome!  I have done one more since and have plans to keep doing them until I die.  This is Noah watching from the sidelines.

I could not have done this without the support of several family members.  Becky ran with me and even though we did not run together it was such a support to know she was out there too.

Whenever I look at this I am amazed that it is me.  I look like I know what I am doing.  I look athletic.  How could either of those things possibly apply to me?

FINISH!!!!!

Abby and Brad came and cheered us on.  Again it meant so much knowing they were there.  It kept me going.  Plus if they hadn't come I would have had to run with Noah and I just don't know how that would work.
In 1997-1998 these ladies and I were roommates at Ricks College.  Our current home states from left to right...Wisconsin, Idaho, Vermont, Wyoming, and Alaska and yet somehow all of us ended up in Utah the same week.  Crazy huh?  I love these ladies like sisters and I am so glad to have been able to meet up with them. 

I had so much fun with my sisters on their home turf.  They were awesome hosts and took really good care of me.  This included a trip to the copper mine, Young Living Farm, super pizza and my first Cafe Rio (YUM!!!)  I can't tell you how honored I am that these are my sisters.

A tender moment with Jennifer and Noah.  She rocked hi m right to sleep.

Noah and Henry had a lot of fun getting to know each other.  Noah has the makings of a bully and Henry bore it with grace.



Sophie and Ben both had birthdays in June and I know that we celebrated them but for some reason the only photo I have is of Ben's birthday mohawk.  He kept it for most of the week of his birthday but got tired of the attention it drew and eventually cut it off

My amazing sisters who did the 5k with me.  I am so grateful that they took the time to not only support me by being there, but by actually doing the 5k with me.  It was a definite bonding experience for me and I hope to do it again with some of my other siblings sometime.

Again I did not have enough time to visit with Leah and Scotty I wish I could have spent a whole day with them.  They were so cute, they made me a delicious breakfast and had it all set out on the table for me.  I was so late it was cold and they must have been starving but they waited.  It was so sweet.

And that folks is what I have to say about June.

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Way to go on the 5K--you are awesome!