Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Game that Causes Depression

September 16th through the 19th we took our annual trip to Worcester Massachusetts.  
Unfortunately we forgot our camera.  
Fortunately  half-way through the trip we decided to buy a nice but cheap camera to keep in the car so we don't ever forget the camera again.  
Unfortunately it doesn't the amazing pictures that my other camera takes.
Fortunately it is helping me remember to bring my other camera more often.
Unfortunately this makes the money we spent on the new camera nearly a complete waste.
Fortunately we didn't spend much on the camera.
Unfortunately...
My sister in law Becky taught me that game and it seriously causes me anxiety.  As the game goes on and on I get a knot in my stomach because no matter how hard I try to fix the problems with a nice positive "fortunately" statement, I know it will be undone with an "unfortunately" statement.  Anyway...I totally got off subject.
How many of you know that Aaron LOVES having his head scratched?
We went to the Higgins Armory Museum.  It is a lot of fun.  Sophie's favorite part was the children's room where they had all kinds of dress up.



I don't know if you can see it here, but Ben is lining up his sights and pulling the trigger on this children's rifle.

Aaron is an eager teacher and Ben is an engaged learner when it comes to weapons.
We happened to go on the 18th, International Speak Like a Pirate Day(Sept 19th every year.) They had all kinds of pirates activities, and all of the staff were dressed like pirates.  Sophie enjoyed a riveting games of dominoes with a beautiful red headed female pirate.
They actually had a whole exhibit about female pirates.  They were women to be respected and feared.

We let the kids take some pictures with the new camera.  None of them came out, they were all blurry except this one by Ben.  I think it is pretty cool

4 comments:

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

I loved this post! It looks like so much fun. I wish there was someplace like that here that we could go to. I giggled at the engaged weaponry lesson between aaron and ben. Do you think you could talk to Ben's teacher about incorporating weaponry as a daily lesson in school? hahahah. just joking.

Abby said...

I remember how much Aaron loved his hair being played with when he was a teenager and had long hair.
I love all the pictures of the kids at the museum - it looks like it was a fun trip!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You guys have so much fun. I'm actually impressed that your pictures were as good as they are. That takes talent with a cheap camera.

martha said...

Hmmm, stocks as the new time-out place. Might have to give that some thought. I bet Aaron could whip some up in a jiffy.