Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Apple Picking Part 1+2

Apple picking is our favorite time of year.  We like it so much we go to two different orchards.  The first orchard is 20 minutes from our house and we pick Honeycrisps.  They are sweet and crispy and store really well.

The next orchard is close to 2 hours from our house, but is close to my parents so we justify the trip with a visit to them.  There we pick Macoun, Macintosh and Empire apples.  We also get a years supply of the BEST apple cider in the world.  Thick, tangy and unpasteurized...sooo worth the drive.








5 comments:

sabofamily said...

what gorgeous pictures!!! I miss you guys so much!

Abby said...

I absolutely love the final picture of you and little Noah.
The pictures are so fun. That would be completely worth the drive for me too. I LOVE apple picking and I LOVE cider even more. yum.

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

"here Noah, eat this apple."

SO LUCKY what a wonderful yearly activity.

Mama Ash Grove said...

Honey crisps really are the best. . .and sometimes they're as big as grapefruit!
I love your family apple picking tradition- your kids will always remember this! And someday you'll be going with your grandchildren too!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Apple picking is one of those memories I carry still from my childhood. I remember going to the orchard, the wagon ride, and the fun of feeling my own bag. Those are things your children will remember forever.