Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Heat Wave

Those here in Vermont will remember the awful week in July when it was 90 degrees and about 90% humidity...it was so gross.

I was a week and a half from having Noah, though I didn't know it at the time. I was so hot and uncomfortable that we just shut the house up and ran the A/C continually. In the morning we would shut our bedroom door and by nighttime it would be like an ice box in there. It was such a relief after a long, hot, sticky day.

We felt a little guilty making the kids sleep out in that soup, but knew that if we had them go to sleep in our room the excitement of it would keep them awake. So each night when we went to bed we would transfer the kids into our room and we would all sleep peacefully and coolly.

Sleep in heavenly peace...

6 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh, I do love this picture!!!
I was pregnant at this time too. . .those hot humid days while over due to have a baby will be forever stamped in my memory. . .

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

How cute!

Abby said...

that is so cute - all three lined up snuggled under the blankets. I HATE heat and I HATE humidity.

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

I love this post! I am also touched that you went through the trouble of transferring them after they fell asleep into the cool of the AC.

One word that comes to mind . . . Angels.

Mummy. said...

Sweet. Sweeter than sweet!

Erica said...

I like the bright cheery blankets.