Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Gun

Some of you may know that Aaron bought a gun. It is an old, but beautiful (for a gun I guess) Remington .22. If you want to know more about it you will have to ask Aaron, I know nothing about guns.

I wasn't necessarily happy about the purchase. Only because it was unplanned, not because I am anti gun. Aaron felt that of I shot it I would feel better about it. I will admit it did help.


Barefoot, pregnant and shootin' off the back porch...

Oh what a man!

I have been a very patient wife when it comes to this unplanned purchase. I did not expect however that I would have to be a patient wife/mother. Each child has had their turn.

Sophie

Ben

Jacob...did I mention I have been very patient?

Ben is actually quite careful and focused with the gun. And he his a pretty good shot! Again I feel it is important to mention what a patient woman I am.

5 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Way to go being so patient!! Good for you! : )

Mama Ash Grove said...

HA! Barefoot, pregnant, and shootin' off a rifle!
Yes, you are very patient.
Somehow, Aaron looks natural with a rifle. Funny, he grows up and has a dog and a gun.

Abby said...

you are SO patient. And SO funny! I love the barefoot and pregnant and shooting of the back porch line. And Aaron - that is a REAL man there!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Haha! Watching your video was hilarious. I actually hate guns, but I could get used to watching your family shoot them. Whew! Wiping the tears off my face.

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

This blog post led to an in depth conversation at our house about different types of guns.

Is the gun's #1 purpose for recreation? Hunting?