Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pictures of the Menfolk

Aaron is fixing up the attic so we can use it for storage space. In order to more easily access the space we are putting in some drop down stairs. They came fully assembled in a big box which was immediately turned into a toboggan.


Back when the weather was nice Aaron put in a new garden along the edge of the barn. It was really rocky so he sifted all the soil in his handy dandy sifter. I CANNOT wait to plant things it there!

While digging Aaron found this large pupa. Any guesses what kind of pupa it is? I looked up cecropia moth and luna moth. While it looks similar to them it is longer and narrower than they are.

Not knowing what it was, and concerned that it could be a pest, we gave it to the chickens. I won't go into details, but watching them eat it was one of the grossest things I have ever seen.

5 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

We are planning on taking a leaf out of Aaron's book, and making our own sifter for this year! It's such a great idea.
That pupa is horrible- we found one similar to it last year. And unfortunately, I will always remember the horrible details which you bestowed upon me of the chickens and that pupa. . .;)

Abby said...

gross!
I love the pictures of kids full of smiles - they are precious. And pictures of aaron hard at work are always cute (not in a condescending sort of way of course)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I love home projects! And that bug? That IS gross.

Mummy. said...

I even hate the word pupa.

Karyn said...

I wish that I liked yard work more. I really DO NOT like it, so have some fun planting some flowers for me! I love how much fun kids have with boxes. I think we should invent a toy that is just a box and market it. We would be rich in no time!