Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sewing

Sophie loves to sew. Unfortunately she was born to a mother who feels like sewing is a duty, a labor...not fun. While I am learning to like sewing, my accomplishments basically include successfully sewing in a straight line.

Anyway I hemmed some maternity pants and Sophie asked if she could have the scraps. I reluctantly said yes, thinking I was probably encouraging pack rat behaviors. However she pulled out her sewing kit and made up a very cute and fun crown.

She obviously gets her sewing skills from Aaron's side of the family.

9 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

That is so awesome and adorable!!!! How funny she thought of something so creative on her own.

P.S. in the second picture she is making a total Aaron face. hahaha.

Caitlin and Jared said...

That is impressive!!

Abby said...

very impressive Sophie! and very creative.
That girl is a beauty

Mama Ash Grove said...

Great job Sophie! We are so glad you love to sew!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

That is so cute! Isn't she only 7? How in the world?!!

Tara said...

That really is soooo cute! If I let Beth loose with sewing supplies I'd probably see similar things... I try to keep her to just basic craft supplies for now - I figure, teaching Gabi to sew is one kid enough for now.

Erica said...

good job sophie

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

Beautiful crown. Beautiful Girl.

Mummy. said...

ummmm. your mother is a wonderful seamstress.