Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Caged In

Last week Aaron went on a school field trip where, among others things, they went to a hardware store. (No redneck jokes please!) They had a slightly damaged dog kennel for $30. Aaron called home about it and I just couldn't picture what he was talking about and whether or not we had a real use for it.

About an hour later a school bus stopped in front of the house and off came Aaron with a dog kennel.

Jacob begged me to put it together so I carefully un-bent the damaged bars (the damage was VERY slight.)

Then Jacob begged me to let him inside. I thought it was weird, but he REALLY wanted to get in.

Then he begged me to lock him in. Now I am thinking, "if someone walks in on this I am going to be reported to child protective services!"

He giggled a squealed and laid down. Then reported, "I love this so much, I think I should sleep in it tonight!"

Of course when Ben got home he had to try it too. They loaded it up with blankets and books and had a grand old time for the rest of the night.

Sophie was too big for it, that is why she does not make an appearance.

The next morning the first thing Jacob asked for was the cage so I pulled it in off the porch and he played in it all day.

Now my question is...if he wants to be locked in a cage, would I get in trouble for doing it when I
need it?

Oh and I am still not exactly sure what we will use it for, but it was only $30...

4 comments:

Abby said...

haha! those boys. I bet it would be fun - sort of like a fort. Hopefully the desire to be locked behind bars does not continue in their adult years.

David and Melissa said...

This is great!

martha said...

Lydia has gotten too big for it now, but she used like playing in the dog kennel. Annabelle and David still find it amusing.

Mummy. said...

Perfect...and for just 30.00!