Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Kindness

One week at Sophie's dance class I saw a lady with a cool basket and commented on it saying that it was exactly what I was looking for for my "travel" knitting basket. I asked her where she had gotten it so that I could go get one for myself.

Then a couple of weeks later at dance lessons she gave it to me. She said I was a beautiful knitter and that I deserved to have the basket. She was so kind. It made me feel special.

In the background you can see my valentine flowers that I picked out myself. Flowers in the winter are a real pleasure! They brighten things up and make me feel hopeful for spring.

5 comments:

Abby said...

that was so sweet of that woman! I love that basket

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Lauren, that is so nice! I love little acts of kindness like that!
And the basket does look perfect for a knitting travel basket. . . .a good handle, and good stiffness!

Erica said...

the world needs more people like that

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

I wish everyone was like that . . .I wish that I could be like that . . . I like flowers too. Spring break I think I'm going to pick some out . . .

Mummy. said...

where is that woman. I want to tell her I like a basket or something!