Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

True Confessions of Lauren

I wear makeup on Sundays. It makes me feel extra pretty.

I can’t stand taking naps, I detest the groggy feeling of waking up. This however does not apply to this pregnancy. I take naps all the time and bounce right up from them.

I have mild ADD, but will never medicate for it. There Aaron…I admitted it.

I went to counseling for awhile and loved it. Everyone should go, even just for a while.

Sometimes I clean the bathroom with diaper wipes.

I can’t stand the term “Foodie” because aren’t we all “foodies” in some way? Some are “fast foodies” some are “dessert foodies” some are “comfort foodies” some are “gourmet foodies” some are “organic foodies”…”local foodies”…”health foodies” I could go on. In some way or another, we are all obsessed with food. It is good for survival.

I love donating money to my church. I know they don’t misuse the funds. They are doing AMAZING things with my money in Haiti (and other places) for everyone regardless of religious affiliation. Whenever someone calls and asks for my money I can honestly say that I already donated to a worthy cause.

I go out to the bus in my pajamas every morning.

I might be minorly obsessive about plucking hairs off my face

I am horrible about returning phone calls and e-mails

I enter drawings to win airline tickets at every possible opportunity. I really want to go to Utah. I even pray that I will win, even though I am pretty sure Heavenly Father can’t control raffles.

I like crafting, but have no follow through so I don’t get much done.

No matter how much I try to convince myself they are not healthy, I love Pop-Tarts, Nutter Butter Bars and Oreos

It usually takes me 3-4 days to wash fold and put away the laundry. By then it is time to do laundry again.

I used to be a neat freak (college, mission and early marriage months) but I gave it up for 2 reasons. 1. Sanity 2.I realized with kids it is an act of futility

I think I will be done for now…

7 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

I loved this! So much fun!
I also hate the term "foodie" for a myriad of reasons. Two big ones are: it is a very trendy term, and exactly what you said: aren't we all "foodies?"
Laundry: AGH! I take a week to put it all away. One time it was 3 weeks and we all kept rooting through piles to find things to wear. It was hard to find socks.

Abby said...

this was a lot of fun to read Lauren! It always takes days to finish the laundry here too.

Erica said...

That is a great post! Thanks:)

Mummy. said...

I have foodie, and I hate referring to life as a "journey". It is waaaay overused.
I hate it when people refer to the congregational church as the "Congo" church. (common here in town) just like I always hated the local North East Kingdom Community being referred to as the Moonies.
Thanks Lauren!

Karyn said...

This was a great entry. It was fun to hear about you. I think sometimes that I should blog a little more about me. If only I was exciting!

Brumbaugh Family said...

So fun thanks for playing!!

martha said...

I know why you are my best friend. Almost all the things on your list are things I can say about myself. I have even started driving carpool in the morning in my pj's.