Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Blog

As I reviewed the photos I have in line for the blog, I realized that my life may not be as interesting to others as it is to me. For example in this next photo we have Ben who somehow...once again...got the camera. The satisfied look on his face is perhaps one that only I, as his mother, recognize. To others it probably just looks like a kid.

But guess what...he is my kid and I sure love him. Those brown eyes and that smile...I am forever connected to this handsome fellow, and I love watching and recording his growth for posterity!

This is a Ben creation. He has really been into scissors lately. Can you see all the paper scraps on top of the lego trunk? Anyway...this is a mouse city. Sophie and Ben and Jacob to a smaller degree, had loads of fun for 2 days with the mouse city. And then we burned it. Does that make us bad parents?

5 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

I think Ben has stolen all of our hearts. . .
I love it when kids play elaborate games that they make themselves! Mouse city sounds like fun.

Abby said...

i love little posts like this - and I love seeing pictures of your beautiful kids! Oh that Ben has always melted my heart with his brown eyes and sweet smile.

Karyn said...

What else would we write about if we didn't write about our kids. That is our life right now as stay at home moms! I like to read about your family. I don't think that you were bad to burn the mouse city. I do the same thing when my kids create something. They play with it for a couple of days, and then I take care of it. You couldn't have that city in the middle of your room forever! Imagine vacuuming around it!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Did the kids kick and scram a they watch the flames devour their city? You just might have the bad paernt of the year award afterall. hehehehe

Laurie said...

bad parents? no, not unless you want to build a huge barn to keep every piece of paper. I keep really cute, important ones the others are recycled. Your idea seems easier. I have to hide the papers in broken down cereal boxes so the girls don't see it when we go to the recycling center. All in all.. a mouse city? I love it, kids imaginations are the best.