Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

General Conference Weekend

The first weekend in October is one of my favorite. I love General Conference and all the wonderful words of wisdom that I hear to guide and direct my life for the next 6 months.

Things that also happened this weekend...

Aaron had his wisdom teeth removed. They were fully grown in so it was an "easy" job. It still required Aaron to be put under. It was a lot of fun to watch him a little loopy. In this photo he is planning curriculum. I still wonder if those lessons were even remotely coherent when he presented them.

In between conference sessions we took a fall walk. Jacob found a little nook in the trees.

I love this picture.

Aaron displaying his manliness. I think he might still be taking vicodin at this point ;)

I really liked this cloud

A beetle selected me to be his/her landing place.

I love the motion in these next two photos


Jacob is staring to feel done at this point. It was wet and he insisted on wearing short so the grass was bothering his legs. When he is tired and wants to be carried he says he is busy. I am not sure of the origin of this statement, but he will stop walking and when you go past and say come on Jacob, he says, "I can't. I'm busy."

We found some animal hairballs. Any one want to help identify? They seem to belong to a large cat, by which I mean not a house cat. They were slightly smaller and more elongated than an owl pellet. They were very densely packed hair. I tried unsuccessfully to break them apart with a stick to investigate.

I guess Aaron took sympathy on his "busyness" and carried Jacob for awhile.

The whole family, minus me, the rabbit, the chickens, the cats and the mouse

I love this barn

I love Vermont ingenuity. See the metal flap to protect the light bulb?

Windows

Sophie being a model

During conference Ben was listening intently (HA!) while being Superman taking flying leaps off the Lego trunk

4 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

amazing photos, Lauren!
Poor Aaron and his teeth. I've still got my wisdom teeth. I've been told that when they're removed (someday) I do not have to be put under.
LOVE that little flap to protect the lightbulb!

Abby said...

the one of sophie coming through the long grass reminds me of the opening of the little house on the prairie scene! Oh what a nice walk that looks like! so beautiful - and Jacob being too busy. He looks so cute snuggled against aaron like that!

Mummy. said...

Does Aaron need drugs to be manly?

David and Melissa said...

I so miss the beautiful autumns in Vermont! It's just not the same with random patches of red on a brown mountain, as amazing as the mountains are.