Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

English Muffins

I had heard that homemade english muffins were easy to make. Then I found english muffin rings on sale. So here is my first attempt at english muffins. They were YUMMY. A little different than store bought, but in a better way. I do have so tweaking to do to get them just right, but we will never have to buy english muffins again!

They cook right on top of the griddle

Here is the done deal. Don't they look just like english muffins! It makes me feel a little giddy.

Fork split of course

And what else do you do with english muffins than make english muffin pizzas

I do believe they were enjoyed by all!

4 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Those look great!!

Mummy. said...

Those are gorgeous. I have made them, but I haven't used the rings. I have jsut cut the bread cough with a large tuna can as a cutter. Is your dough a moist dough? Did you follow an english muffin recipe? What was different about your dough than regular bread?

Abby said...

oh that is so cool! They do look like the real thing! So whats the recipe??

David and Melissa said...

Mmmm Yum! And if you need to cook more than what you have rings for, Alton Brown on Good Eats of the Food Network uses Tuna cans, or the like. I have yet to try it but your success makes it look tempting:-) -M