Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ben's Birthday

We ususally do a big friend party at the age of 5, so this year it was Ben's turn. I won't put a lot of explanation into the photos. They are just your typical party photos.


This however I will explain. I totally stole this idea from someone's blog. I thought it would be too hard to pull off, mostly because we live in po-dunk-town and I knew the closest store that would carry fondant was an hour and a half away. But my sweet friend Martha is a cake making master and she told me how to make fondant. It was really easy. The only issue I had was it was like 95% humidity today and it made the fondant sticky to work with.

I hate to brag, but I am rather pleased with the end result!

9 comments:

Abby said...

that cake is amazing lauren!

Mary said...

Fondant?! Easy?! You are a master of yummy things, Lauren! That cake is amazing!

Mummy. said...

Adorable! I love it. I'll bet Ben was thrilled.

Mama Ash Grove said...

absolutely wonderful, lauren! Wow!!1

Mama Ash Grove said...

look at that HANDSOME 5 year old you have got there! MY!

David and Melissa said...

Way to go!

martha said...

Fabulous cake! Good job. I forgot to tell you about the corn starch trick. You are so talented!

sabofamily said...

your cake absolutely ROCKS!

Erica said...

10 points!!