Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Picking

Saturday was our annual trek to the apple orchard. It is one of our favorite days of the year, akin to Christmas or Thanksgiving almost! We usually take a family photo, but I am not sure this years photo is print worthy. The sun was bright, the kids uncooperative, and we had random strangers take the photo. It just isn't a recipe for a photogenic moment.

The best eating apple in the world. Aaron would disagree, he loves Macoun. Either way fresh orchard picked apples are the best!

The keeper of the apples, Sophie!

The best of the family photos...like Aaron said we will be able to remember the personality of our children too with this photo!

Sweet Sophie

Rambunctious Ben

Jacob didn't seem to care where the apples came from or what they looked like. We had to "edit" his bag.

Choosing the best apple takes careful consideration.

Our dappled family, minus the photographer.

5 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

What wonderful pictures! What a wonderful family you are!

Abby said...

I love it! I miss apple picking - I think that is great that you guys go every year. What a great family tradition. You all look great - and those kids as cute as ever!

Unknown said...

Man, I want to go apple picking. They ARE the most delicious when picked at the orchard. I hope that I can go again someday soon. I'm craving them now. Jacob is cute, i bet he picked them all up from the ground!

Mummy. said...

What wonderful pictures! I love your blog. (love it , love it, love it!)

Caitlin and Jared said...

I think we are going to go apple picking this weekend, so we are glad to learn about your favorites-- any other tips??