Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Reckless Recreation: Walking in the Woods

So many people struggle with winter.  I personally find winter thrilling.  I can't imagine living somewhere without snow and cold.  Don't get me wrong, when Spring comes around I am ready and excited for it.  But you know how some people dread a snowstorm? I get excited.  I hope we get the worst of it.  I turn on the outside lights so I can watch and see how thick the snow is coming down.  When we have a winter without very much snow like we did this year, I feel like the planets are misaligned.  

I tell you all of this to say this simple thing, some people struggle with winter, I struggle with mud season.  Everyone is ready to bust out from being cooped up all winter.  The air feels fresh and renewing, the birds are singing, and it is altogether pleasant.  Except for the mud.  We are ripping though footwear and clothes.  I might   be seriously considering a pair of these for each of the kids:


Think of how cool it would be to just hose them off before the come inside!  I am pretty sure I am going to buy them just as soon as the cars are payed off, the mortgage, college loans, and I win the lottery.

Add to the layer of mud the kids and the dogs have tracked in, a layer of husky hair.  I am also seriously considering shaving the dogs clean, ceasing vacuuming and mopping and allowing the mud and hair to collect.  I figure if I wait long enough I will start a new interior decorating trend; stucco flooring!

Again I am telling you all this just so I can post pictures of our semi-annual General Conference walk.  But since it is Thursday I am only posting nature themed photos.  The family themed pictures will come tomorrow for Family Friday.

In case a far off photo of this giant poop wasn't enough for you, I have added a close up.  Moose???
That's all for today folks!

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Haha! I hope to see your family sporting those babies on your Christmas card! : )