Search This Blog

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Deep Thoughts: Insert Name Here______________

Normally when I write about my beliefs I try to adapt the concept so I can be inclusive of as many different belief systems as I can.  Ultimately I would like people to know that Mormons are pretty normal and that people need not fear what we believe because much of it is similar to what most other religions believe.  Today I am going to leave the interpretation and application to the reader.  What you have here are my pure unbridled thoughts.


I have been doing the Addiction Recovery Program that my church offers.  It has been infinitely useful in helping me overcome my emotional eating habits and it also has been amazing at helping me realize that EVERYONE,has something in their lives that keeps them from relying on the Lord.  One of the questions the programs ask you to answer is:



Apply this verse to your life by copying it and inserting your name as if the Lord were speaking directly to you. Write the thoughts that come into your mind about this scripture and its personal application."


“If Lauren comes unto me I will show unto her, her weakness. I give unto Lauren weakness that she may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for Lauren if she humbles herself before me; for if Lauren humbles herself  before me, and has faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto her” (Ether 12:27).

Realizing that I use food as a crutch and turning to the Lord instead of food, has helped me learn to turn to the Lord whenever I am troubled by something.  I have  always found a solution.  Either a solution comes to mind, or someone shares something that answers the question, or I cease to worry about whatever the issue was, or the solution comes through the actions of someone else, or I find a talk, scripture or article that lays out solutions.  All I can say is that turning to the Lord has most definitely helped me make weak things become strong.


1 comment:

Mummy. said...

Lauren, are you taking the formal class or following the handbook independently?