Search This Blog

Monday, April 01, 2013

L.S.N.E.D: Treasures of Knowledge

I learned two new things yesterday.
#1 There is a very simple way to peel garlic.

  • Supplies:
    Garlic (not my image)
2 Stainless Steel Bowls (not my image)
Put the garlic in one of the bowls and use the base of the other bowl to smash the bulb into individual cloves.
Next, invert the second bowl inside the first bowl and shake your brains out......and voila!  Peeled garlic!

Not only did I learn it, I had a spectacular demonstration of epic proportions from DaBird. Here is a link if you want to watch the inferior demonstration done by the professionals.  I only wish I had a video of DaBird demonstrating.  I pretty sure we could make money off of it...it was that good. 

#2 You know how kids (and some teenagers...C.O.D.Y.) only eat the frosting off the top of cupcakes?  I learned a neat way to prevent that AND keep the frosting out of your beard (good advice for me, I think I might be headed that way.)
  • Supplies:
    Pretend this is a cupcake
    That is all you need
                                       
There. Now you can go to bed with the same assurance that I had; I learned something new today.

3 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

A cupcake sandwich!

Did you make that decadent cake?

Becky said...

I was surprised how much I loved the cupcake sandwich when I tried it, but my kids won't touch it. I sent one of them into a crying frenzy when I tried to show them what I meant. So, no luck here, but I still like it that way! :)

coughlin said...

Clever