Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reckless Recreation: Felting

While I am on break from classes I have been madly crafting.  Yesterday Noah was feeling neglected because I had a project I really wanted to finish, so when I was done I asked him if he wanted me to make something for him.  After perusing pinterest we decided on a felted mouse.

Sophie got a felting kit for her birthday a couple years ago and I had used it a bit with her, but with no specific project in mind.  

I pulled up this picture from August of 2006 and used it as a model.  I found needle felting therapeutic.  I am wondering if I should be worried that I enjoyed stabbing a long barbed needle into something so much...but that is a subject for another day.

So I know it is not perfect, but I think I had enough success that I am excited to explore felting more.


2 comments:

Abby said...

That is the cutest thing!!
I have also been wanting to try felting. But I think it will have to wait until I have less on my plate.

Mama Ash Grove said...

Lauren, it's wonderful!!!! And now you see just why we love needle felting so. . .!