Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wildlife

On January 18th an ermine was hanging out in the area of the van.  It drove Bo NUTS.  At first I thought it was cute but then I realized that this little thing can wipe out an entire flock of chickens.  Every time it would look like it was coming out I would let Bo out.  Eventually it took off across the road and I haven't seen it since.
 
Then February 24th when I took Bo out I noticed some tracks.  They looked like a large cat.  I am guessing bobcat?  I have seen larger than normal hairballs and once I heard something that sounded like a large cat coughing up a hairball.  Oh now that I think about it, I even saw a bobcat a couple hundred feet down the road from our house.
The coin is a quarter.

2 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

It's too bad the ermine has to be so darn cute. Couldn't it be ugly?
Awesome tracks! Wish we had bobcats here in the Islands! We're pretty excited about our coyotes.

4cummings said...

Watch out chickens!!! It's hard to reconcile how beautiful ermine are with what vicious predators they are.