Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dance

Yesterday (yes I am finally caught up!) Sophie had her first ballet class. This is the real deal. She has to wear a leotard, pink tights and pink leather ballet slippers. They work on positions and work at the barre and everything. This ballet school is very good about not turning anyone away, and they are even willing to accept barter for payment.

Anyway, it's the mommy in me for sure, but Sophie was so pretty out there on the floor. She and I can't wait for more. The only unfortunate thing is that Sophie wants me to leave while she has class. I think she needs a place where she can just be without me hovering. I will oblige, but I really want to keep watching her dance. She is so sweet and feminine.






6 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh, this is great! And how the heck did you find a ballet class that will take barter?! I wish Ella's violin class would take barter!
When Ella is at suzuki, she does not want Andy or me in the room with her either. It's her "place."
Sophie must feel like such a beautiful girl doing those ballet steps!

Mummy. said...

groaaaaaan. Those are lovely pictures. I know that heart swelling feeling very well.

Abby said...

oh sophie!! She looks so pretty and graceful doing those poses. and in the video - she was absolutely the best one doing that move! and i would think that even if i weren't her auntie!

Erica said...

oh how tender to see your kids growing up. it pulls at my heart strings.

Unknown said...

Wow, lauren, it actually looks like she is really talented at it. She has really good form in those photos, and the video proves that she has a good sense of rhythmn. Oh blast, she won't let you watch . . . I wonder if this is a skill sophie could develop throughout her childhood. I am DETERMINED to take ballet at dixie. It is my dream class. I want to do it so badly.

Laurie said...

This is great! Sophie must be in heaven. I must admit I am also a bit jealous. What a find, Lily would LOVE to take a ballet class but there aren't any reasonable ones around here. I agree Sophie is so cute in her "uniform":)