Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Cake That Nearly Killed Me

The Young Women and I began the summer by starting to read the entire the Book of Mormon by August 30th. We had to read three pages a day and mark references to the Savior in one color, and references to virtue in another. This was part of the new Young Women's value they added, Virtue. Anyway...we had a cake to celebrate our finishing the Book of Mormon, or at least attempting to.

This cake was such a pain. It took forever, didn't come out the way I expected it to and made me question my cake making abilities. However it did taste excellent, making it feel like it wasn't a total loss.

4 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Now that is impressive! How'd you get that black color for the writing?

Caitlin and Jared said...

Wow! I am totally impressed!

Laurie said...

I'm impressed. Having recently spelled out the book names for the book of mormon onto sugar cookies with choc spinkles I feel your pain. Great Job! I didn't realize you were such a cake maker. We have to get together so I can pick your brain. :)

Abby said...

it looks amazing to me!