Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Dress

A couple of Saturdays ago Sophie and I went out for a mommy daughter date. We went shopping (classic huh?) Really we just went to get yarn, but we stopped into a few other stores.

One of them was having a great sale. We found this dress and just for fun Sophie tried it on. But she LOVED it. She WANTED it. It cost $18 which is a great deal for what it cost originally, but I think it was way over priced to begin with...so for a long time I debated whether it was worth the $18. I tried to call Aaron, but he was outside.

Finally Sophie started twirling around in the dressing room and I was sold. The added bonus...there was an additional 25% off at the register so it came to $13 (close enough...) We saved 77% off the original cost. So here is the fashion show, and a video of Sophie twirling.



8 comments:

Me said...

It has such a nice "old-fashioned" look to it...It is just perfect for her!

Mama Ash Grove said...

oh my, what a lucky deal! And how grown-up Sophie looks. . .I see the young woman she will become someday in one of those pictures!

Mummy. said...

I personally love the browns. mellie, do you remember teh brown plaid cotton jumper you had in kindergarten and wore it to the dance thign at school?

Mary said...

That is such a nice dress and looks so lovely on Lady Sophie!! Really great deal too!

Abby said...

What a beautiful dress that is - I bet she feels wonderful wearing it.
I am with mel - In one of the pictures i can absolutely see the woman she will be someday.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful and beautiful dress!! I am glad that sophie got special little something. I totally know that feeling, "should I get it?" and then you try and call the husband and you can't reach him, which makes it even MORE difficult to decide. It is a great deal on the dress! what a lucky surprise it was 13 instead of 18.

Karyn said...

What a good deal. I think dresses are so expensive! I also think that it hard sometimes to find modest dresses. Sophie looks beautiful!

Laurie said...

Of course it was worth it! Good decision Mom! If she is anything like Lily she will remember it for a LONG time.
By the way LOVE the "tracks" Boys. You can't help but love their quirks and thought processes.