Search This Blog

Friday, March 06, 2009

ABC Challenge

Aaron's sister Abby gave us a challenge to photograph the alphabet in our home. It was a lot harder than I thought. Here goes...

Apples...there are never enough

Butter, I have tried not to be a snob and use margarine, but butter is the only one for me!

Crayons... every child deserves to have a box of 64 crayons

Dinosaur- Bad rotation sorry! This is a really cool 3-D dinosaur book someone gave us

Eggs from our lovely chickens

Fire- This woodstove has made the living room soooo comfortable and saved us money too!

Gnomes- A childhood memory

Horse- Sophie's gigantic horse from Grandma and Grampa Kinney

Ice Cream- If I had to give up all other desserts, this would be the one I keep. Not this particular flavor though

Jar- We do a lot of canning so these come in pretty handy

Kids! Pheobe, Jacob, Ben, and Verna (Sophie is at school)

Lanolin for my poor dry skin

Mouse- As if we didn't have enough wild mice...

Nuts- Crazy people like us make the world go round!

Olive Oil-Pure, healthy...cures all kinds of problems (according to the Spanish)

Piano- A source of joy for me and all children who enter here

Quilt- It isn't done yet, but I am really loving quilting and learning a lot!

Refrigerator- My new refrigerator...need I say more?

Stove...ditto above

Tea Cup- This one is my favorite though it is a mug rather than a cup, but I do drink tea out of it (herbal of course!)

Ulu Knife-AWESOME knife for dicing onions, smashing garlic...and scraping the fat from a seal's pelt if you use it the way it was intended.

Vase- I can't wait for my garden to start supplying me with beautiful bouquets.

World Wide Web- Where would I be without it?

Xerophyte- A plant adapted to dry conditions. A christmas cactus qualitifes right?

Yeast-I go through a lot of this with all the bread I make!

Zamia-Latin for pine nut. I like 'em, no one else does...yet...

6 comments:

Abby said...

yay! that was fun to look through. it was a challenge, huh?

Mama Ash Grove said...

YAY! This was fun! I did it too- check out mine!

Unknown said...

Can I just say your x and z REALLY impressed me?? AWSOME!! You did great.

Mary said...

I loved it!

Erica said...

What a fun challenge! You kitchen is looking great with the new parts and pieces. I love the quilt, nice job! and 10 points on creativity!

Caitlin and Jared said...

I enjoyed the shout out to the Spanish cure-all, olive oil! Nothing can beat Maria Garcia's drink some everyday philosophy--how much was it 1/2 a cup? I know it was some gross amount.