Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Bad Mommy Moment

On March 17th I had a bad mommy moment.  Here's what went down...
Sophie was playing on my exercise ball while talking on the phone.  Somehow she fell off.  I remember her launching herself off of the ball, she remembers Ben pushing her off. 


Blaming aside, she fell off the ball and hit her head on the open drawer.  Since she was on the phone with a friend she went right on talking.


Hours later she came to me a said, "Mommy there is blood on my shirt and I don't know where it is from.  That is when we discovered that when she hit her head it split open.  As you may know head wounds bleed a lot.  Sophie's hair was matted with blood in a stream down from her cut.


I had her take a bath to clean it out and when she laid down in the water the water turned red with blood. 


In the end it was a minor cut that healed very nicely.  I guess sometimes neglect turns out o.k.

1 comment:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Ah, Lauren I don't think this is a bad mommy moment! Besides, I think too often things are better left alone, than rushed in to the doctor. Here is a perfect example!