Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Food

First off...After Noah was born a family in town made us dinner which included the most beautiful salad I had ever seen. It was also the most flavorful salad I have ever had.

It had nasturtiums, berries, dill, basil, candied nuts, pansies ans several different types of lettuce.

Second and totally unconnected, I made pesto to bring to a potluck and my basket holding it fell off the table and launched it everywhere.

Luckily most of it landed on the lid so I was able to save it.
And finally, it is not a good idea to pour sugar from a five gallon bucket into a smaller one.

6 comments:

Abby said...

that is a gorgeous salad! I have never ate a flower before.
I am sorry your pesto fell! I might have cried if it had been me.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Who makes those kinds of salad?!! See, this is why I have these romantic notions about Vermont. It's just not right.

Mummy. said...

this post definatley defined opposition in many ways. What a salad!

Mrs Abbott said...

What a lovely salad! Hey was that pesto pasta that fell or just the pesto? Love your blog, btw!

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

GEEZE!!

Unknown said...

We had "Michelle Cummings sloppy joes" for dinner the other night! (with homemade chili sauce from the garden to give it kick) Mom made me a cookbook with all of my favorites my first Christmas with Tom. I'm not sure but i think Tom might have had a hand in that idea.