Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cakes

Here are all the cakes I have made in the last two months. A BIG thank you to Aunt Denise for the cake decorating supplies.

This one I made for Aaron's AP students as a reward for taking the grueling AP U.S. History exam.

This one was for Aaron's mom for Mother's Day, M being for Mother. However Leah's birthday was around that time. Her nickname is Wee so turn it upside down for a W and it is her birthday cake.

Aaron's birthday cake. It is a homemade strawberry cake with lemon frosting (I have to say an amazing combination.)

Ben requested an army cake for his birthday and this was the best I could do. In answer to Jennifer's question, no there was no metal detected in the cake.

Sophie requested an ice cream cake. This is an oreo crust with vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream topping and oreo garnish (obviously.) I couldn't get it out of the pan at this point. I have pictures that I will post about her birthday that have it out of the pan. I have to say that I felt like I was cheating Sophie with this cake because it seemed so simple and easy to make, but it was SO SO YUMMY!!!!

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Those all look great!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You were always quite the cook. Ummm...Do you have the recipe to the strawberry cake. I feel hungry looking at it. It's so pretty.

Karyn said...

Way to go, Lauren! My kids get chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. If they are lucky, they get sprinkles. I wish I had your talent!