Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Ben's T-Ball

T-Ball season has come and gone. Ben was so excited to play T-ball, but after the first practice I think he realized it was just one more place he had to listen and pay attention.

At one t-ball game he went to use the port-o-let and was gone for quite some time. Just as I was wondering out loud what he was doing in there, I heard him belting out a tune from inside the port-o-let.

He finally exited and sat down on the far side of the field. Being pregnant I hollered across the field rather than walking to him, "Ben! What are you doing!!??"

"I'm catching peepers!"

"No Ben you are here to play t-ball!"

"I don't want to play t-ball any more!"

With the threat of no creemee on the way home he made it back to his position.

All in all t-ball was a good experience for Ben and he learned a lot. He will grow and mature a lot and we will probably do it again next year
.


5 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Where's the T? That looks like the real thing.

Caitlin and Jared said...

How funny that he was giving a concert in the port-o-potty! How are you feeling these days? When are you due?

CommonMama said...

Lyndee they give them three hits without the T and then they bring it out.

Caitlin I am not due until the 21st, but all sign point to an earlier arrival than that. I am feeling big and puffy and hot, but generally pretty good!

Abby said...

haha! Belting out a tune! Could everyone hear him say he didn't want to play anymore?
He looks SO cute all geared up.

Karyn said...

That's a great story. We have some similar ones. I am hoping that I am teaching my kids to stick with something to the end. It doesn't always go as I hope. Surprise. Surprise.