Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Country Life

The farmers delivered a giant pile of manure and for about a week the kids begged to go look at it.

So finally we took a field trip to the see the giant pile of poop. Jacob and Sophie had on regular shoes, but for some reason I felt compelled to make Ben wear mud boots. Sure enough the first thing he did was sink his foot into the edge of the pile.


Even the little piles of manure deserved inspection.

Then of course they had to wrestle right at the edge because children have no fear of falling into a giant pile of poop.

Awed and amazed (you have to admit it is a pretty amazing pile of manure.)

And then a family photo because doesn't everyone have a family photo in front of a giant pile of manure?

(Sorry new computer and I am having difficulty learning how to rotate and save a photo)
I was amazed by the number of these flies that were ALL over the pile. I did some research thinking they have some exotic name since I had never seen them before. If my research is accurate they are called Yellow Dung Flies.

1 comment:

Abby said...

your kids are so darn cute!
Nothin' like a good ole' pile of manure.