Search This Blog

Friday, November 06, 2009

Halloween

I figure Halloween isn't quite one week ago so I am doing really well by getting this on here already!

The Monday before Halloween we carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening. We give the kids a marker, they draw their own design, then we score the design into the pumpkin because some of the marker usually comes off while we are getting the guts out. Then once they are cleaned out we carve the face out.

This year the eyes cried when I scored them. If you look close you can see the tears running down Ben's pumpkins face. It make hacking into them a little difficult!

Here are the finished products, Aaron, Lauren, Sophie, Ben and Jacob

And here are the kiddos in their costumes. HAPPY WEEK AFTER HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

was Ben a knight! Three little boy knights this year!

Abby said...

the kids look adorable in their costumes - I love them!
Those pumpkins are great!

Mama Ash Grove said...

your house looks so pretty in the background. I love the colors you guys are doing!

Mummy. said...

Love you guys!
The crying pumpkin...I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a spiritual experience....

Becky said...

The costumes are fabulous! But I have to admit that Ben's made me laugh because Jason has often told me about cardboard costumes and I could never fully imagine it-- now I have a very clear picture! It's awesome!