Search This Blog

Monday, November 02, 2009

Grandparents

My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in October. They are a wonderful example to Aaron and I. I love them for who they are, for all they do, for the wonderful family they raised and for many more reasons.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I made the cakes for the family gathering. They look pretty from far away, but were pretty imperfect up close.

For example the chocolate cake had little dots around the base and rim, but because I haven't figured out the right consistency for the frosting, each dot pulled to a point. Chocolate...round dots...with a point...any one with a dog may be able to imagine what they looked like. I was able to remove the points at least.

The white frosting cake had pink and blue flowers with leaves. My decorating bag broke so I was filling the tip and squishing out the frosting with my finger tip. Anyway I loved doing it and can't wait to learn more so I can make better cakes.

I hope my children always remember what a privilege it is for them to know and have such wonderful great grandparents (On both sides of the family!)

3 comments:

Abby said...

how sweet - 60 years! good for them, that is something to celebrate!
The cakes do look lovely lauren! You really do have to open a bakery some day..

Caitlin and Jared said...

60 years--wow! That is impressive! We are getting excited about almost 5 : )

Mummy. said...

What a wonderful picture of all of you.