Search This Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fall Concert

Last night Sophie and Ben had their Fall concert. The music teacher does an excellent job of integrating not only songs, but instruments and acting. Last night the concert was a reenactment of a book, In the Forest by Marie Hall. In it a little boy with a paper hat and a new horn goes for a walk in the forest and encounters animals who eventually want to play hide and seek with him. When he opens his eyes it isn't the animals looking for him, it is his dad.

So for the concert, Sophie narrated the story

This is before she is reading. She is nervous, the gym was full!
Ben was the little boy with the horn.

The trumpet was quite moist by the end of the evening.
And Aaron was the dad coming after his son.

Not a good photo...sorry
The sound quality in the gym is horrendous, but I thought I would do some video too.



As I watched the three of them out there on the floor with Jacob on my lap keeping me humble (that is the nice way of saying it,) I was full to bursting with love for my family. Some people have careers, others have vacation spots, but the thing in this world that brings me the most joy and fulfillment is my family.

4 comments:

Abby said...

oh i love it! It is so cute when Aaron walks over and picks Ben up - i could die! You have an amazing family Lauren! I just love you!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Lauren, how lovely!
And I'd be bursting with pride if my whole family were the stars of the show! And what cuties they are too. . .
Our families are priceless treasures- no career or material goods could ever possibly equal the blessing of our families.
Love you guys~

Mummy. said...

I love it! I have to go to a different computer to hear it, but the pics are so sweet. I lov eyou guys!

Erica said...

very nice:)It makes my heart a little tender.