Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yogurt

August 22nd I made a gallon of yogurt in a pickle jar. I don't know why, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. A gallon of yogurt is A LOT of yogurt!

I also made some lemon and some lime curd for flavoring. For some silly reason I thought I needed to do something to distinguish the two of them because they look identical. It didn't occur to me that I could just put them in different types of containers or... (gasp) write a label...so I added green dye. I know, what was I thinking?

6 comments:

Mummy. said...

I used to make a gallon of yogurt regularly. You will find all kinds of uses for it....

Abby said...

i remember moms gallons of yogurt! lemon and lime curd sound yummy

Mama Ash Grove said...

I want a gallon of yogurt! Asa would eat it all himself within the week.

Hannah Joy said...

I love yogurt so much and we have a yogurt maker. EVERY time I try to make it the texture comes out too runny. What am I doing wrong?

FOOD COLORING??? hahaha.

Erica said...

it just tastes more fun when it is green:)

Mama Ash Grove said...

Hannah- could be your milk is the wrong temperature and the yogurt cultures are being killed off?