Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blueberry Excitement

August 13th was a momentous day. We had friends over in the morning, then we went blueberry picking. We picked 19 lbs, which is about half of what we will need for the coming year.

I brought the camera but did not use it. However it was a very hot day and the the kids were all red faced so I had them go in the car which was parked in the shade. Someone got a hold of the camera and got these pictures of me picking berries.


My sister met us at the blueberry place and then came over for the afternoon. Apparently the excitement of it all was too much for Jacob because he curled up on the bean bag and fell asleep.


3 comments:

Mary said...

*sigh* 19lbs of delicious blueberries!

Mama Ash Grove said...

oh man! 19 pounds is wonderful. I am impressed you know exactly how much you need throughout the next few seasons!
We didn't pick as much as we wanted to. We got around 18 pounds I think.

Abby said...

wow! thats a lot of blueberries. it makes me want fresh blueberry pie.
oh little jacob! i cant believe he will be three soon!