Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

L.S.N.E.D: I Don't Feel Like It

I am just not feeling the Learn Something New Every Day vibe today so I am just going to post some family stuff.  That is what this blog is really about.  Sometimes I get caught up in the "what can I post that will interest people" track when really this is about my family.  Cause they rock my world...a lot.
This was the night of the ill-fated camp oven.  Sophie is a little lady, Ben is a handsome dude and Miss Mariana has been a dear friend to Sophie since birth.  I have searched and searched for a picture I have of the two of them together in the stroller while Alana and I attended the temple and my dear sweet sister April watched them so we could attend.  I can't find it.  Maybe Alana has it?
Jacob has mentioned on more than one occasion that he wants to be a blacksmith when he grows up.  He gave it a try on pizza night.  There are some classes that a museum around here offers.  When Jacob is old enough we might just look into them.
Jacob has had these mardi gras beads for years.  His pillow pet Draggie wears them usually, but today Jacob is rocking the beads.
If a kid is't dirty at the end of the day, something is wrong. (This is what I tell myself to make me feel better about my grubby kids)
The grubbiness doesn't seem to bother the may fly that decided Noah was a good resting spot.
The kids made this awesome house for Noah.  Stained glass windows and door, covered deck...in today's market I think it could have sold for a good $50.
The kids played and played and played in it for weeks and they kept wanting to squish it, bring it outside, anything that would destroy it, but I kept saying, NO!  I need to take a picture.  This picture was taken 5/19 after a couple weeks of play, and the house went out to the recycling last week.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Sweet dirty little boy. I love that fire pit Aaron made! Oh I would love one myself.
Miss you guys!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Ah, Lauren- your kids have a good life, and awesome parents!