Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

L.S.N.E.D.: I Can't Fight This Feeling Any More

Try as I might like, I can no longer deny that Sophie is becoming a beautiful young woman.  I knew she was beautiful, it is the young woman part I am struggling with.  This realization came as I watched her dance for he recital.  I was overcome with her beauty, her poise, her grace, her feminine curves.  I spent the evening after the dress rehearsal and the next evening after her performance, with my stomach in my throat, with my chest swelling, almost to bursting, with pride and amazement that she is my daughter.  That I am  so lucky to have been blessed with her.  It has most definitely been a proud mommy weekend.

Sophie had two roles.  One as a firebird and the other as an ocean dancer.  The ocean dance was the hit of the show.  I heard many people remarking about it.  These characters come from the story of The Little Humpback Horse

The video is from the dress rehearsal and there were some major technical difficulties with the music.  I should have video taped the night of the performance, but I wanted to enjoy those scenes.




1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I just showed this to my girls and the comments were:
She is so pretty!
Wow! She is so good!
Sophie is tall!
I didn't know Sophie does ballet! (I then showed Makenna the pictures from our visit a few years ago when Makenna went to ballet with Sophie...it's been too long)!