Search This Blog

Monday, June 03, 2013

L.S.N.E.D: Brush Up

Classes have been out for a couple weeks now.  Graduation was on Saturday (I did not attend) and I should be receiving my certificate in the mail any day now.  I already feel the lack of educational stimuli so I thought I would write a technical description of something that happened to Aaron.

June 1, 2013
Patient: Aaron Cornelius
Age:34
Reason for visit:
Patient presented with a laceration on the palmar or anterior surface of the left hand resulting from broken glass in a garbage bad he was throwing into a garbage receptical.  Laceration began on the medial side of the secondary distal phalanx extending medially from the base of the second digital phalanx to the middle of the proximal phalanx.  The laceration protruded through the epidermis and dermis into the reticular layer cutting through the proper palmar digital nerve and digital vein.  Laceration was repaired with subcutaneous sutures and six superficial sutures.  Patient should return in 7-10 days for removal of sutures.  Residual nerve anesthesia should gradually cease within the next 6-12 months. 


These are arteries but veins pretty much follow the same path.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am both very impressed with you and very concerned for Aaron! Ouch!