Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mother's Day Tea

Way back in the end of May Ben's kindergarten class held their annual Mother's Day Tea. They made us bonnets, served us tea and cookies and put on a little play for us.

The play was hilarious, especially Ben's classmate who plays the cow. He has some weird rubber things he uses as an udder and it was so funny to watch him fiddle with those things.

I almost missed the tea. I had been really sick with a chest cold and went to the Dr's to be checked out. My pulse was VERY rapid so the Dr ordered a blood test for a pulmonary embolism. I thought he was crazy, but then the test came back with a slightly elevated result. If I did have a pulmonary embolism it could be fatal so I had to go to Burlington to be monitored by the midwives. I was fairly certain that I did not have a pulmonary embolism and chose to wait until after the tea to go to the hospital. The midwife on call was NOT happy with me. Thankfully all I had was a bad chest cold and nothing came of it.

I am so glad I didn't miss the mother's day tea over it.


Ben as the farmer.





2 comments:

Abby said...

what a sweet boy Ben is! And I tell ya - that eye patch is so adorable!

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

Geeze, I don't even know what that is but I'm GLAD you didn't have it! AND I'm glad you didn't miss your mothers day tea. That would have been really sad. Ben did a good job reading his story/journal entry!