Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Power of Words

Jacob has a pair of winter boots from last year that he likes to wear, but the last few times he has tried to put them on they bother him because they are too small. Being that he is two, he lacks the skill of rationality and even though they hurt, he still wants to wear them, but cries the whole time because they are bothering him.

So this morning I sneakily tucked them away in storage...except that Jacob caught me just as the 2nd boot was going into hiding. He got very upset (i.e. screaming temper tantrum,) but I whisked him away and he calmed down very quickly.

As I served him his breakfast, he looked at me and said...

"I angry you mama"

Taken aback I said, "Your angry???"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Take boots upstairs."

I didn't know he had such communication skills in his power...dare I hope that we are progressing past the two year old phase!!!!!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Good job Jacob!

Unknown said...

YAY! What did you say to him about the boots going upstairs? Was there any use trying to explain?

Jennifer said...

Can you read this to Jacob "Isn't using your words so satisfying?" I think your kids are cute, I'm sad I didn't get to see them more, but I guess that is what you get when you make a whirlwind trip like I did. Eh?

Abby said...

what a smart boy to use his words like that!