Search This Blog

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Another Oops

While doing laundry today I found the scraps of something I wanted to save, but forgot to take out of my pocket before my pants went into the wash. So here I preserve the memory for posterity.

Tuesday I spent the better part of the day cleaning, mopping and de-cluttering. It was a lot of work, but it needed to be done.

I was just finishing when Sophie came home off the bus. She said the usual hellos and guess what I did at school today etc...then disappeared into her bedroom.

A few moments later she emerged with two little scrolls taped to each other. I opened the largest and read, "I love a clean house!" The second read, "Dear Mommy, I hope the fall cleaning goes well."

I was just so touched to have my efforts recognized and appreciated, and even more felt so blessed to have a daughter who without prompting, is kind and caring to others.

Just for memories sake, here is Sophie at the age of 14 months.


p.s. Grampy and Grammy I hope this font fixes your keyboard problem (he he.)


3 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Sophie is a very special little spirit!

Unknown said...

That is really touching. I would have felt really good to have my efforts acknowledged by one of the few you would expect to "overlook" how hard you work. She is pretty thoughtful.

Erica said...

how sweet! it may have brought a tear or two to my eyes.