Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Awards

I think I did something that qualifies me for an award...

Tuesday Ben brought home a piece of art work from school. It was a pretty typical piece of art for Ben, meaning that he used about 7 times as much glue as was actually needed, and still things fell off.

Anyway...this was a lot of glue and all kinds of cool buttons, in all shapes, sizes and colors thrown onto the glue in random style (I am pretty sure this wasn't one of those pieces that looks random, but the child painstakingly placed each button...)

So I dismantled it and saved all the buttons for future sewing projects and maybe even a future art project!

I guess I will either win the bad mother award for not cherishing every piece of art my child produces, or the excessive scrounging award.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

I don't think that you deserve the bad mom award. I tend to display my kids artwork for a little while. Then I recycle it when they aren't looking and no longer remember that piece of art. I have to do it carefully though, or else Lily finds her art in the recycle pile and asks why I am throwing it away!

Mummy. said...

Yes! You win the good prudent gal award!

Unknown said...

I was wondering how the story would end. I didnt know if you would say, "And I wanted the buttons SOOOO badly, but framed the artwork regardless" OR the ending which it had. No shame in salvaging buttons. I dont have a feeling ben is QUITE as sentimental as Sophie. But whether I had displayed the art for a week or not, I can assure you that in my house, those buttons would have ended up in my crafts box eventually!!!!