Search This Blog

Monday, July 07, 2008

Ouch

I was reading a book to Sophie tonight and she was combing my hair as I read. Sophie said, "Mommy, this is pretty!" and I put my hand up to feel what she had done. I INSTANTLY had a sinking feeling as I felt that she had twisted my hair into the comb. Any experienced adult knows this is a nightmare to fix, and it was!! It took 40 minutes (I am not kidding I watched the clock because I knew I was going to want to post this) of yanking twisting and using pliers to cut the comb out of my hair. I did lose several chunks of my hair and my head is still bruised. Fortunately I was able to laugh through the whole experience.

The beautiful hair-do


Half way through the extraction process


Some of the remnants

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren!

I totally did this to myself when I was a little girl. I feel your pain!!

Becky said...

Been there, done that--though not that bad!!! I think Sophie's found a future profession!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Lauren, how horrible! Ella did this to me once- when my hair was only a couple inches above my waist. . .it was awful.

Unknown said...

I think I remember doing this to Mell once when she was in college or high school or something. It was awful then too! I think If I have a daughter I'll avoid that particular type of comb. They are much too tempting for little girls. Is this possible with a wide tooth comb?

Laurie said...

That had to hurt! The sunsets are beautiful.

Mummy. said...

Even I remember doing that...and thinking it was pretty.

Caitlin and Jared said...

Yikes! I remember doing that too and now that Makenna likes to comb my hair, it makes me a little nervous! You are so brave!! : )