Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Birthday Party and gift

Today Sophie went to Kai's birthday party. It was really low key but fun. They even had a treasure hunt with mini markers, clay and rose quartz as prizes. As you may see in the pictures, they also had face painting.

As for the gift, I made a quilt out of scrap fabrics for Kai's doll. I started this morning at 7:30 and finished at 12:30. It is MEGA imperfect, but it is my first quilt that I have made from start to finish. I can't wait to make another one for Sophie using the skills I acquired making this one.



6 comments:

Abby said...

that blanket you made is so great! I love the colors you chose - even if they were scrap pieces of fabric.

erica said...

Very nice. I am impressed you were able to do it so fast! And 10 points for using scrap fabric.

Mummy. said...

very very nice, Lauren!

peachon said...

Lauren, your quilt is very pretty, my favorite colors. You did a great job, I wish I could do such a beautiful quilt.
Love you all.
Grandma and Grandpa Kinney

Mama Ash Grove said...

Beautiful quilt Lauren!

Jennifer Bundy said...

Wow! You are amazing! In under 5 hours! Your first quilt! I wish I was half as ambitious as you are! I have all sorts of dreams of things that I want to make, so I collect, but actually putting into practice and doing it, is a different story!